Ground Enhancing Backfill
TerraFill® Low Resistivity Grounding Backfill provides a simple method to substantially lower the earth resistance of grounding systems.
When used with copper grounding equipment, contact resistance to earth is lowered by up to 63%. TerraFill® produces lower steady state and stable grounding impedance, resulting in a reliable, low resistance, electrical connection between the grounding system and the earth.
ALLTEC’s TerraFill® produces lower surge impedance resulting in faster transient dissipation. Manufactured from environmentally safe and stable materials, TerraFill® has an excellent shelf life and long term storage has no performance effects.
How it Works
TerraFill® creates a reliable, low resistance electrical connection between the grounding system and the earth. It is manufactured to be compatible with copper grounding systems and standard field application methods. It can be used in connection with grounding grids to minimize step and touch potentials. In high resistivity soils, TerraFill® backfill can be used to produce acceptable grounding impedance within a reasonable sized area.
Features & Benefits
- Easily applied
- Produces lower surge impedance resulting in faster transient dissipation
- Excellent shelf life with long-term performance
- Manufactured to be compatible with copper grounding systems and standard field application methods
- Can be used in connection with grounding grids to minimize step and touch potentials
- Produces acceptable grounding impedance in high-resistivity soils, within a reasonably sized area
- Versatile – Applying TerraFill® to lower the ground resistance of grounding equipment allows for a variety of earthing designs which might otherwise be impractical
- Self-compacting – comes in easily transportable 50 lb. (22.68 kg) bags, easily installed by a single person
- Will not dissolve or decay with time
- Requires no maintenance
- Maintains constant resistance for the life of the system
- Does not affect soil or ground water
- Meets all EPA requirements for landfill
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available on request
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Motorola R56 compliant