TerraFill® Ground Enhancing Backfill
TerraFill® low resistivity grounding backfill provides a simple method to substantially lower the earth resistance of grounding systems. When used with copper grounding equipment, contact resistance to earth is lowered by up to 63%. TerraFill® produces lower steady state and stable ground impedance, resulting in a reliable, low resistance, electrical connection between the grounding system and the earth. ALLTEC’s TerraFill® produces lower surge impedance resulting in faster transient dissipation. Manufactured from environmentally safe and stable materials, TerraFill® excellent shelf life and long-term storage has no performance effects.
- Easily applied
- Excellent shelf life with long-term performance
- Will not dissolve or decay with time
- Maintenance free
- Maintains consistent resistance for the life of the system
TerraFill® creates a reliable, low resistance electrical connection between the grounding system and the earth. It is manufactured to be compatible with copper grounding systems and standard field application methods. It can be used in connection with grounding grids to minimize step and touch potentials. You can view typical installation locations in the application maps to the right by locating the number 2.
How it Works
- Manufactured to be compatible with copper grounding systems and standard field application methods
- Can be used in connection with grounding grids to minimize step-and-touch potential
- Versatile–applying TerraFill® to lower the ground resistance of grounding equipment allows for a variety of earthing designs which might otherwise be impractical
- Self-compacting–comes in easily transportable 50 lb. (22.68 kg.) bags. Easily installed by one person.
- Produces acceptable grounding impedance in high resistivity soils within a reasonably sized area
Find Out How Much TerraFill® You Need
Sign in or register to save your project parameters. You will be able to clone projects and adjust the variables.
Alltec Hires New Sales Manager for the US
Mike Gentile (jen-tea-lay) has joined the team as [...]
Surveys, Evaluations, and Recommendations for Electrostatic Safety in Compliance to NFPA 77
Take this short survey to see [...]